2015 ANZAC Day Warringah-Mackellar
From REMLR Wiki
- All RSL's on the Northern Beaches are extremely active when it comes to community events and this was a very special event, commemorating 100 years since the original landings at ANZAC Cove Gallipoli in 1915.
- It was a fine day and a remarkable event that locals will remember for quiet a while.
- Dignitaries included the Australian Prime Minister, the Speaker of the Lower House of Federal Parliament, the NSW Governor-General, the NSW Premier, and others. There was a flyover with (2) RAAF Hawk's and a UH1H owned by Australian Native Landscapes (ANL) on display and also doing a flypast.
- All local schools, sporting, community and Emergency Service organisations in the two electorates were invited to participate in the Centenary Commemoration, along with an estimated 2,500 current and ex-service members of the Defence Forces. The ceremony was held on Sunday, 19th April 2015 with a street march from Boondah Reserve, Warriewood, to Pittwater Rugby Park for a Commemorative Service. Afterwards a Warringah Shute Shield rugby match was held.
- 51-652 Shed link
- The whole event in 900 photos https://plus.google.com/photos/+Pittwateronlinenews-photo-albums/albums/6139329301084933777